TIPS FOR STAYING HYDRATED
Summer is coming! With warmer temperatures, it is even more important to stay hydrated throughout the day. Here are some tips to make sure you are staying hydrated.
1. Buy a reusable water bottle. Not only can having a water bottle remind you to drink water, but it also allows you to carry water with you everywhere you go. Water bottles come in all colors, shapes and sizes, so choose one based on your individual preferences. Buying an insulated water bottle can help keep your water cold for longer periods of time. Some water bottles even come with encouraging words reminding you to stay hydrated!
2. Drink water with your meals. This may come naturally for some people, but if your mealtimes are rushed it can be easy to neglect your fluids. If you don’t have any liquids at mealtimes, it will be more difficult to reach your fluid goals for the day.
3. Set reminders on your phone. If you are someone who forgets to drink water during the day, especially between meals, set reminders or alarms on your phone to remind you to keep sipping until it becomes a habit.
4. Get creative with your water. If plain water seems boring, try flavoring your water in healthy ways. You could add fresh fruit, lemon or lime juice, fresh cucumber, or different herbs.
5. Watch out for signs of dehydration. These include dizziness, lightheadedness, weakness, or urine that is dark in color.